Thursday, July 2, 2009

KANYE WEST INTERVIEW ABOUT HIS LOUIS VUITTON SNEAKER COLLABO

COLLABORATION WITH LOUIS VUITTON

How did your collaboration with Louis Vuitton come about?
I already knew and looked up to Marc Jacobs. Then Louis Vuitton called me and said they had this idea for me to do shoes. I was really excited about the opportunity. I don’t know if they quite knew what they were getting into asking me to help create something!

How did you work with the teams from Louis Vuitton?
We’d fly out there. They’d have ideas. I’d have ideas and I’d start sketching. I just sketched every idea in my head, women’s, men’s, everything. In the end Louis Vuitton had to narrow it down because I had SO many ideas that I wanted to get out.

How many sneakers did you design?
Ten, but I would have done more.

What inspires you about Louis Vuitton?
They’re the number one fashion house in the world!

STYLE AND FASHION

How would you define your style?
An expression of what I’m feeling today.

Do you feel you’ve got your look ‘down’ perfectly?Actually I’m constantly trying to learn what looks good on me. It’s kinda hard. It takes a while to really get it, to figure out your style. Most people I know who dress ‘A Plus’ are 35 and older.

Who is an exception to that rule?
The singer, Rihanna, who is 21. She’s kind of like a genius because regardless of how many stylists she has, I know she does it on her own. That’s an innate talent, having style like that. It’s kind of like the way people play sport, some people just hit the shoots into the net better. Yeah. Fashion is a sport in a way.

How do you find the ideas for your music?
I get inspired by concepts, theories, philosophies.

Give me an example.
The saying ‘What Does Not Kill Me Makes Me Stronger’ was an inspiration for the songStronger.

That’s from the philosopher Frederick Neitzche!Exactly.

If you hadn't been a successful Music artist, what would you have liked to be?
An author, maybe. Although I have already written a book.

What is it called?
Thank You And You’re Welcome.

What’s it about?It’s basically a manual to show you how to make every part of your life into a ‘thank you and you’re welcome’ moment. People say it’s a little like the book The Secret.

Give me one piece of advice from the book?Well, my axiom ‘Get used to being used’. People have such negative connotations about the word ‘Use’. To use is necessary. If you can’t use or be used you’re useless. It’s like, You use me? Yeah, well I’m glad to be of use.

Read the rest of the interview at http://www.ilvoelv.com/2009/06/kanye-west-x-louis-vuitton-collab.html

via ilvoelve.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin