Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Upon completing her degree at the London College of Fashion, Nigerian/Ghanaian designer Titi Ademola immersed herself in the fashion scene – she worked with renowned companies including Burberry, Betsey Johnson and Nicole Farhi. It wasn’t until she arrived back in Ghana – her mother’s home country that Kiki’s Clothing was born. What started as a children’s clothing company has blossomed into a fashion house encompassing women’s clothing, children’s clothing and footwear. From her base in Ghana, Kiki’s Clothing is a popular choice among locals and tourists – she is able to blend Nigerian and Ghanaian influences to create her pieces. The label showed at the recent Exopa Ghana Fashion Week and was featured at the Face of Africa launch in Ghana.
written by bellanaija.com
IS THIS EVEN LEGAL??? WHY CAN'T A PERSON HAVE PRIVACY EVEN IN THE CONFINES OF THEIR OWN HOME? SOMETIMES CELEBS ARE PRISONERS TO THEIR WON FAME!!!!
DOPE CRIB THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!
what up ya'll...Lupe here...first lemme make a few things very clear.
1. I love the fansite alot i think its dope...i feel flattered that i have so many people interested and in support of my music and the messages that i try to stand for...and not just me but for Hey Champ and the crew and damn near anybody who even resembles me...you gives give them shine and i commend you for that.
2. I DONT LEAK MY OWN RECORDS!!! I'M NOT A FAN OF LEAKING RECORDS OR OF DOWNLOADING!!! My entire first album leaked and possibly cost me from going platinum my first time out as the final estimates of how many people actually downloaded that album illegally was well over half a million. So how do u think i feel that everytime i come to this site where my "fans" are i see you putting up links to download my records???...I dont care about the other sites. I care about where my real fans are supposed to be active. If you come across it and you like it and keep it to yourself thats all cool with me but to make it where as other people are able to download it in a public forum is honestly an insult to me. Especially because of how much i love you guys. that shit is kinda like a slap in the face.
3. FAKE SHORE DRIVES "UNRELEASED" RECORDS COME FROM MY OLD PRODUCERS WHO HAVE MY OLD HARD DRIVES. I DONT AGREE WITH THAT SHIT OR CO-SIGN IT AT ALL ITS THE REASON I STOPPED DOING MIXTAPES AND I TOLD ANDREW THIS WHEN WE MET IN CHICAGO AT THE COCA-COLA TOUR SHOW AND HE THOUGHT I WAS GONNA BE ALL PISSED BUT IT WAS ALL LOVE AND I TOLD HIM I KNOW WHERE HE'S GETTING THOSE RECORDS FROM AND HE AINT GOT WORRY ABOUT ME HE GOTTA WORRY ABOUT ATLANTIC OR ARISTA OR THE PUBLISHERS OF THOSE VERY "UNCLEARED AND UNCLEARABLE" SAMPLES.
Everytime i get the urge to do something new for my fans I go online and see "new unreleased lupe" from 6 years ago and i shrug and just say fuck it. Things like that fuck up the real plans and the mood. You dont just throw out bunch of records for the sake of having a bunch of records out. I dont operate like that as an artist. Some records aren't even meant to come out.
4. When we were talking about who should have first rights to new shit when we do officially "leak" something the only two sites that came up was LupEnd Blog and Nahright. Thats big whether you know that or not. You have a direct relationship with the artist you rock with who puts your name in the hat for everything that involves him online.
5. Someone hacked my email. I was about to fire my entire staff and cut off relationships over shining down leaking last night. Bun B hit me and was like "the records dope" and i was like "what record?" nobody even has it. the only possible explanation is my email chain with the mix studio (which is air tight...the studio that is) was hacked and thats where the record came from.
Lastly, the album is fucking ridiculous. I dont like to brag or shit like that but the album is sooooo fucking crazy at this point 95% done. and its all balls to the wall fire. I have the experience and the freedom now to make what i think will be the best received album of my career.
Check out Lupe performing his new single ''Shining Down'' below..
Fab 5 comprises of Ezzie, Felyne, Nyja, Zara,and Naira.
YO THIS PERFORMANCE WAS CRAZY!!! DEF A MUST SEE.
Call to see if you can pick up anything on the way home from work.
Send a dozen roses: 11 red roses and 1 white one. The note: "In every bunch there's one who stands out - and you are that one."
Float a love note in a bottle in the bathtub.
Call her at work and say: "Hello Beauty! Are you free tonight?"
"The art of love ... is largely the art of persistence" Dr Albert Ellis
Write her a check for one million kisses
Something for the anniversary.... a lottery ticket and a note: "I hit the jackpot when I married you."
Hire a masseuse to give your partner a professional massage at home.
On cold mornings warm up her car.
Bring flowers home for no reason (well, the reason is love).
Send a beautiful romantic greeting card
Swiss Cheese Doorstop
Stop DoorstopChunky doorstop in the classic super hero comic book style. Working hard day and night to keep your entrances wide open and your home free from slamming doors!
James the DoormanJames is the perfect gentleman and will hold the door open for you by wedging his foot under it
Foot In The Door DoorstopWedge the toe of one of these rubberized stilettos under your door – the fun and practical way to keep your door open.
Banana DoorstopThe oldest joke is now the funniest doorstop. Clever silicon banana firmly holds doors open or shut.
HOT SONG!!! THIS RECORD SHOULD HAVE DEFINITELY MADE RICK ROSS'S LAST ALBUM ''DEEPER THAN RAP''. LET'S HOPE IT'LL BE ON THE NEXT ONE ''TEFLON DON'' COMING SOON.
The Nigerian music industry is fast growing and the artiste are earning almost as their colleagues in other countries. Here are some of the multimillionaires in the industry and the details of their wealth.
2face Idibia- taking stock of his assets, 2face’s worth would be nothing short of 200 million Naira. He has to his credit 2 platinum-selling albums, endorsement deals with Guinness Nigeria worth about N30 million, MTN Nigeria worth about N40million, and he was said to have gotten about N30million from the producers of Phat girls (Hollywood movie) for use of African queen as soundtrack. He is speculatively said to have sold marketing rights to his new album at N30million. He collects an average of N2.5Million per show and he once said he is set to recover all the wealth taken from Nigeria. He is presently the most exportable Nigerian artiste.
D banj- taking stock of his assets, Dbanj would worth nothing less than N180million. He made a whole chunk of his money via endorsement deals. Gist has it that he recently sealed an endorsement deal with Glo which was considered the biggest deal in Nigeria. He had about a N30million deal with Virgin colours, about 25million with Virgin Nigeria, 20million deal with Nutricima and a distribution deal worth N100million with UAC. He charges over N2.5million per show and works really hard with producer Don Jazzy
Psquare- The duo would worth not less than N150million, they make the bulk of their money through sold out concerts all over Africa and beyond. They’ve sold close to 15 million copies of their albums since their debut. They charge an average of 2 million Naira per show. Their house in Omole estate gulped huge sums of money and they drive the latest state of the art automobiles.
Jimmy Jatt- He is the highest paid DJ in Nigeria, he charges about half a million Naira to play at regular events and 1million Naira for concerts. Up till date he is the only DJ with a multi-platinum selling Mix tape with about 50 of Nigerian finest artistes o n it. He is worth close to N100million.
Paul play-His latest album sold over 2 million copies, he owns a house in Nigeria and also in the UK. He is worth not less than N120million.
Tony Tetuila- His assets are estimated at about N80million. Most of his wealth accrues from performing at shows abroad and other non music ventures. His cordial relationship with the past Governor of Lagos state, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has also made him have a good share of government deals in music and performances. There is hardly any event in Lagos he does not perform at the dispensation.
KC Presh- It’s obvious that the duo make most of their money outside music. They make a good fortune from branding Star beer and they are rumoured to get contracts from state governments. They are assumed to worth not less than N70million.
Olu Maintain- Following the yahoozee blast, he was immediately launched into opulence, he sold well over 2million copies of the album. He drives a pimped to the teeth Chrysler worth N6m, Toyota Sequia jeep and owns a luxury home at Anthony. He is worth not less than N70M
9ice- currently the hottest in the industry, he charges an average of N1.5m a show, he recently moved to a duplex apartment in Anthony and his album has sold close to three million copies and still on high demand.. He recently got a Celtel deal to the UK to perform at the Nelson Mandela show which sources close to him say he was paid close to 30 million Pounds. Estimate of his current financial worth is in excess of N70M.
Ruggedman –Arguably the highest paid rapper in the country. He charges between N500000 and N1.5million per show. He has driven luxury cars like Mercedes Benz E class , Nissan Murano jeep and Touareg which he currently cruises around town with. He is estimatedly worth N50million.