Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Claudette Ortiz Responds to Robbie’s “Intervention”



So I watched the intervention of Robbie of City High because I wanted to know why they fell off after such success. Come to find out Robbie was a drunk and Claudette was just too much woman for him(lol). So after A&E released the Intervention on Robbie and painted a picture of Claudette being responsible for the group's breakup, she decided to peak out via the blog ''She is''. Below are excerpts of the interview..Click on the link to read the rest and.


Sheis...: Why did you feel the need to speak out about the A&E Intervention special & how you've been portrayed in the media since that special aired?

Claudette Ortiz: Initially I wasn't going to say anything... & I think that stemmed from fear because of the relationship I had with Robbie... it was an abusive one. He portrayed it like it was a "lovely romance" & it wasn't. I just want to move on & put things behind me. Other people may be in the same position I was in... & if you don't eventually stand up for yourself it can carry on for the next 12 years... like in my case. It was time to tell the truth... the truth that he so conveniently left out in the intervention.

Sheis...
: How did you & Robbie meet?

Claudette Ortiz: I met Robbie before the group (City High)... We started out as friends... we were both singers & knew some of the same people... My older sister and him were in the same grade so she knew him too... they were 2 grades above me... when we first started dating she said to me "are you sure you want to date him?" I asked her what she meant by that & she told me Robbie had a reputation of getting really drunk (since) back then & told me a story about him drinking excessively to the point where he'd passed out. I knew he drank but I never saw that side of it. He was my first boyfriend, we were young I was 16 & he was 18... we were nice teenagers. Everything seemed fine in the beginning but over time it became like a nightmare.


Sheis...: OK, so now you're in a group with your ex-boyfriend & current boyfriend... how did that work?

Claudette Ortiz: They weren't best friends like Robbie likes to try & make it seem... Robbie was my teenage boyfriend & it wasn't like I just hopped from one to the other... I married Ryan & was with him for 9.5 years. While we were in the group Robbie was still doing the same things... at one point Wyclef wanted to kick him out because he'd missed like 2 or 3 appearances... we were doing a radio interview once & Robbie was laying sprawled out on the floor... it was embarrassing...

Sheis...: On Intervention they made it seem as if Robbie became an alcoholic because you left him & got with Ryan...

Claudette Ortiz: He was like that before City High... I got with Ryan because Robbie was an alcoholic... & the way he treated me. If I had a man now that had problems with alcoholism but treated me good, I'd stick around & help him through it. Robbie says he was so in love with me, but I've heard him say the same things about his other girlfriends & he treated them the same way.

Check out the rest of the interview here lmortlock.blogspot.com

Check out Robbie's Intervention episode on A&E below if you missed it.




via lmortlock.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin