Monday, January 25, 2010

Drake is the new face of Complex Magazine




Complex magazine did a great interview with ''Drizzy'' Drake, check out the behind the scenes video as well as an excerpt from the intrview. Visit this link to view the full interview....http://www.complex.com/CELEBRITIES/Cover-Story/Drake


As smooth as your entry to the rap world was, you only stumbled when people questioned your choices, like the video for "Best I Ever Had."
Drake: You can do something you believe in and people will still say, "This shit is terrible!" But I still believe in Kanye's vision. Maybe we didn't do a great job with getting the point across—it was supposed to be a humorous video. When I read the comments, I was like, Man, I guess no one wants to laugh anymore. Everybody wants the fairy tale, you know?
For an artist who's perceived to be so multifaceted, it was interesting to see people try to put you in a box: "How could he do this? This is degrading to women!"
Drake: If you listen to the lyrics, it's really not a romantic song. It's humorous. Yes, it's great to tell a woman, "You're the best I ever had." But the hook was so lovey-dovey that I just wanted to make the verses some fun shit. And that's how I viewed that song. Like a good time, like a laugh.

via complex.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin