Thursday, November 19, 2009

International Nigerian Soccer Star Kanu Nwankwo will retire from the game of Soccer after the 2010 World Cup


International football star Nwankwo Kanu, who has had an illustrious career with the Super Eagles and such clubs as Ajax, Inter-Milan, Arsenal to name a few, has announced he'll be retiring from international duties after the World Cup in South Africa. He made the following statements after the cliff hanger World Cup qualification match against Kenya.

"Kenya have a very good team, they played well but we are happy to win. Despite the pressure, we knew we could do it. It was just was a matter of time. Now we have a chance to go to World Cup and do well. Our chances are good."

"I will quit after this World Cup. I cannot play when I am 50. I have reached the heights and my aim is to go to World Cup. I thank God that finally after all the fight, all the struggle, all the hard work, we are there."

Check this fan made highlight video from kanu Nwankwo's great Soccer career below.


via naijafeed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin