Monday, November 9, 2009

I AM an INDEPENDENT WOMAN


Ladies, have you been in relationships where the guy told you that you need too much? I have.

Fellas, I know, you have been in relationships where you felt that your girl needed too much from you?

Please try reading with an open mind. I am sure you will still jump down my throat and that is ok.

“You are too independent!,” you say
Like it’s a disease or an ailment
But I recall yesterday
When you said “you are too needy”
“You are way too emotional”
“I can’t always be there for you”
“I can’t do everything for you”
So I stepped back
I revaluated my stance
I started to evolve
I went took classes to better understand myself and finances
I began to trust myself
And as I began to grow
The chant in my head grew louder
“I think I can! I think I can!! I think can!!!
I paid my bills, bought me some clothes
Some shoes and a nice car
I realized I never really NEEDED you
But I WANTED you
I wanted you there for me
I could do these things by myself, FOR myself
So my confidence grew and GRew and GREW
You started noticing the changes
You said “Finally! Handle your business baby!”
But then I handled it too well
I did not call you every time things went wrong
And then you began to say “You are too independent!”
“You think you don’t need a man!”
“Why won’t you let me help you?”
Bottom line baby, I don’t NEED you
I got ME, I WANTED you but now I DO ME
It’s too late to be my knight in shining armor
You took the back seat when I wanted you in front
To protect my innocence
My eyes are now open to the world
And though I do not like its harshness
I have saved myself
I have made it
I AM an independent woman

My message to the Ladies? Sometimes YOU need to handle your business; your man should not take care of your EVERY need or want.

To the fellas? Try to PROTECT your woman the world can be dreadful and she does not need to know its EVERY torment!

To all: Find a balance, let your man save you once in a while and be your woman’s hero!



via jaguda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin