Monday, October 12, 2009

Shyne Rejects Diddy, Plus His Father Asks For Pardon


Belizean Prime Minister Dean Barrow, the father of former Bad Boy rapper Shyne, has reportedly written to New York Governor David Paterson asking him to pardon his son so that he is not deported back to the Belize - the country of his birth.

Shyne (born Jamal Barrow) was released from prison on Tuesday (October 6) after serving eight years for his role in a New York nightclub shooting incident in 1999 involving rapper Sean "Diddy" Combs and Jennifer Lopez.

The rapper is currently in the custody of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement authorities (I.C.E.) in New York.

Dean Barrow revealed to The Belizean yesterday (October 9) that he sought help from Charles Ogletree - Harvard law professor and a member of President Barack Obama's inner circle to assist Shyne in resisting deportation to Belize.

The prime minister told reporters he wrote the letter to the New York governor at the request of Professor Ogletree.

Barrow also revealed for the first time Friday that shortly after Shyne was sentenced to prison, he had written a letter to the then governor of New York.

In that letter Mr. Barrow said he asked that his son be repatriated to Belize to serve his sentence as that was what Shyne wanted at the time. "That never went anywhere. Just as well as it is now clear that he wants to remain in the U.S.A. to continue his career," stated the Prime Minister.

"I have not had a response," Barrow told reporters. “I have spoken to people close to the governor and I have been assured that the letter has been received and that it is under active consideration. But I can't say that I am able to call in any favors such that would guarantee that he is able to remain in the States."

Shyne released a statement to Rolling Stone on Friday shooting down claims that Diddy had reached out to him during his incarceration to settle their differences.

Diddy told New York radio listeners last week that he had a conversation with Shyne via phone prior to his release. Shyne says the call never happened

“It’s a blessing that [Shyne's] coming home. I spoke to him like a couple of weeks ago and he sounded like he was in good spirits. I know he can’t wait to get home. I know he is definitely going to heat the whole scene up. He was definitely one of talented young artists that I had the pleasure to work with. I’m quite sure he’s been using his time wisely and has some heat.” DIDDY

"I want it known that this supposed conversation is a figment of [Diddy's] imagination," Shyne stated. "He never spoke with me, he never visited me nor would I ever accept a phone call or visit from him. The only way I would do either of those things would be if he stepped up and did the right thing for the victims of the incident." SHYNE

The victim Shyne is referring to is Natania Reuben, who suffered a gunshot to the face in the club shooting that sent the rapper to prison. A $130 million civil lawsuit was filed by Reuben against Combs and Shyne, and is still pending.


via sixshit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin