Monday, September 7, 2009

NEW ARTIST: MASSPIKE MILES (NEW SINGLE) - LOVE DRUNK FEAT RICK ROSS PLUS BEHIND THE SCENES VIDEO FOOTAGE






MASSPIKE MILES THE FIRST ARTIST TO BE RELEASED UNDER RICK ROSS'S NEW MUSIC LABEL MAYBACH MUSIC IS AN RNB ARTIST THAT HAILS FROM BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS AND IS ALSO ONE HALF OF THE PRODUCTION CREW THE TRACK DEALERS. WE'RE DEFINITELY FEELING THE NEW SINGLE AND FROM THE BEHIND THE SCENES FOOTAGE FROM THE VIDEO SET, IT LOOKS LIKE THE VIDEO IS GONNA BE PRETTY GOOD.. CHECK OUT THIS EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW BELOW WITH MILES VIA HIPHOPDX.COM

Early Beginnings: Well to be honest, I initially wasn’t into singing. I was into Biz Markie [click to read], Run-DMC, and others; that’s who I was listening to. But one day I was at the Boys & Girls Club and they was doing a talent show and singing Tevin Campbell’s 'Tomorrow' with a lady teaching it. She heard me and said, ‘Wow, you should sing this.’ From that first week of singing, I gained a lot of attention because I was able to do what grown folks could do. So I did the talent show, made a couple different moves, and by the time I was 11, I had a major deal on Warner Brothers Records. I was in a group called Perfect Gentlemen, kind of like a boy band, directed by Maurice Star, who also produced for us.

I had a rude awakening at a young age. I understood what it meant to be a professional at a young age. So as I grew older, and developed other traits musically, such as producing, I always look back on my experiences as a young kid coming up. I learned a lot man. It definitely helped out to where I’m at right now because a lot of the things I’m going through now I had already been through as a youngster.

On His Label Life 4 Life:I have an artist right now, Smoke Bulga, who just dropped his music video on MTV featuring Jim Jones [click to read] called 'Money On My Mind,' which I produced. I got another crew called Rushya, who’s heavy on the Boston underground scene. I’m going hard with those guys and that’s who I’m working on right now. As far as writers and producers, I’m always open for more talent.

His Mixtape The Pursuit Of Happiness: The thing is what I gave to the people [on that mixtape] I felt that they deserved. Nobody really knew who I was, so I felt like, if I’m going to interrupt these people’s lives with my music, why not give them something feasible, something with substance? Let me show off some of the beats I’ve done over the last year. I got Shawty Lo on there, and I could have sold that beat. I know Fabolous [click to read] and T-Pain [click to read] are on there too. But at the end of the day, I felt like people needed that to understand who I was musically.

On The Struggle: My album is really conceptual. My music needs to have substance and meaning, because that’s what I’m a fan of. You can expect to hear my struggle, my strife, my pain, my agony, my love, my ups and my downs, and most importantly, real stories. I want to captivate your thoughts with my music. The first single is called 'Luv Drunk,' featuring Rick Ross [click to read] and produced by StreetRunner. I also got [Carol City Cartel] on the album, Smoke Bulga and Rushya as well. You might hear [Lil] Wayne [click to read] too. As far as other people being on my album, I don’t have a problem with that as long as it fits the build. And the album’s gonna have about 12-14 records.

Giving Back To The Community:I just started the Masspike Miles Music Fund, basically to start music programs within Boys & Girls Clubs and YMCAs across America, starting with Massachusetts and its surrounding areas. I also started a diabetes fund because I grew up around diabetes; every morning my grandma took an insulin shot. As I got older I began to learn more about diabetes through my family members and how much it affects people’s lives. So I started the fund in dedication to my nana, who’s 90 years old and still kickin’ it. I’m doing things like that right now to expand Boston, Massachusetts and the New England area as a whole.

Final Thoughts:What I can say is that I’m gonna give people the best music I can possibly make. They’re gonna hear something that hasn’t been done in a long time. They’re gonna see a person that is a chameleon as far as the music industry goes. Every music video and every song I do will be an underlying statement to the people that I am music, with a capital M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin