Wednesday, August 12, 2009

AMBER ROSE DOES COMPLEX











Here are some excerpts of the interview:

Complex: You’re a Philly girl. What was your childhood like?

Amber Rose: I grew up in South Philly. I grew up very poor with a single mother. My mother is a waitress, and she raised me on a waitress salary. I went to a Philadelphia public school. I’ve been in Philly my whole life, but obviously I’ve traveled in between. I was definitely not in the suburbs, I was in the inner city of South Philly.

Complex: What’s the status of your career?

Amber Rose: Definitely more modeling, I want to change the face of modeling. I want young girls growing up to know that they can actually eat something, and be beautiful and be a model, that they can actually have a real women’s body and do modeling. I want to get into acting. I want to pursue all avenues that I can.

Complex: Recently you’ve been thrust into the world of TMZ and Perez Hilton. How have you been dealing with the gossip blogs?

Amber Rose: This is my life, this is how my life’s been since I was a kid. I’ve always been popular, my name has always been in somebody’s mouth in high school. I don’t lose no sleep over this shit. Some of the stuff, when it’s extremely far-fetched and stupid, I just laugh. I don’t lose a minute of sleep over this.

Complex: What’s one thing about ’Ye that really blew you away about him?

Amber Rose: Well, the fact that there can be a noise in the background, or like a windshield wiper and he will start beat-boxing or banging on the dashboard and start doing some type of beat and it sounds so fresh. I remember when he first did something like that and he just closed his eyes, and gets in the mode. I was like, “Wow.” You have to be a genius to that. He’s amazing.

Complex: Did you ever have a crush on him before you guys started dating?

Amber Rose: I was always a huge fan of him, like who isn’t? But he had a fiancée, it wasn’t like, “Ah, I’m gonna get with Kanye!” When I met him, it was strictly business. He wanted me for his “Robocop” video and he had the utmost respect for me, and we hung out on a friendship/business type of deal. You know, just as normal human beings when you hang out with somebody, you start to like them. Kanye knew my life, so when the blogs came out like, “Oh, Kanye do you know she was a stripper, that she used to date girls?” Kanye was like, “Tell me something I don’t know.” Everybody has a life and a past.

Read more at http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/08/11/amber-rose-x-complex-the-exclusive-photoshoot-interview-video/

via complex.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin