Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ashewo Dancing by the double prince of Jaguda.com


For those of you that don’t know the meaning of ashewo. Ashewo simply means a prostitute/whore, sometimes it doesn’t literary mean that the person is a whore. Most times it means that the person isn’t discreet with the way he or she expresses her sexuality, even though he or she might not be sleeping around.
Well let me go straight to the point it seems like our generation (The Hip Hop generation) have a different approach to partying and dancing. I remember going to the club with my boy for the first time. We had all the girls dancing on us and we felt like we were the man. On our way home we talked about our experience at the club. I guess watching Jerry Springer it was easy for us to conclude that this was simply the American lifestyle.
I come from Nigeria, where it’s a big deal to smooche a babe or even, fondle with a babe, if you succeeded in doing so, your boys would be proud of you. At parties, we danced with other teenage girls face to face or side by side, with little or no contact at all. I remember back in the days when my boys and I used to watch music videos to learn new dance moves.
These days I walk into the club or a party, sometimes I am just trying to get by a girl and as soon as there is a little body contact, sometimes she starts rubbing her behind on my crotch. For the most part, guys just go from behind and the guy might dance for 15mins with this sexy lady and she still doesn’t know what the guy looks like. As the years went by my boys and I got tired of the young crowd so we decided venture into clubs with a more matured clientele. When we got to this very club, we noticed that the club stationed a bouncer to assist the ladies come up the club pavement and another bouncer at the door to collect their Jackets. When we got in we scouted around for some fine babes to see what this club had to offer. Most people were dancing face to face, not bumping and grinding. Other clubs for grown folk have pretty much the same vibe. We also started attending African parties maybe to get closer to our people or to get a feel of home.
African parties are great, good music and our parties end late, even though the clubs are usually musty and hot, anyway lets not go there. The African partying was no different from the American bumping and grinding clubs, maybe only a few girls would not dance with you because the don’t know you, or they are on their I have a man P, which is also common in American clubs. So I concluded that our generation put an end to dancing face to face without invading personal space. Thanks to the ladies for making dancing easy for the men.
I am not against bumping or grinding, because that would make me a hypocrite but I know for sure that my unborn daughters wouldn’t be going to parties or clubs if bumping and grinding, bumper to bumper is the only form of dancing.
I thought this article was pretty interesting and it has a lot of truth to it too. Leave your comments.
via jaguda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin